by Steven Shamrak
Sometimes I am criticized for using the description “international anti-Semites” too often. I do substitute it with the words “bigots” or “idiots” from time to time. I shall continue to call things by their true names. Regardless of the terminology, there are many facts pertaining to unfair, genocidal and prejudicial treatment of Jews even during recent history that support my use of the term “international anti-Semites:”
1. In July 1922, the League of Nations entrusted Great Britain with the Palestine Mandate, recognizing “the historical connection of the Jewish people with Palestine.” Great Britain was called upon to facilitate the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine – Eretz Israel (Land of Israel). Three months later, in order to obtain full control over the Suez Canal, Great Britain made a deal with the Hashemite Kingdom, Egypt and France. Trans-Jordan (77% of the Mandate) was given to the king’s brother in exchange for the Sinai, which was given to Egypt. The Golan Heights (5% of the Palestinian Mandate) was ceded to the French-controlled Syrian Mandate.
2. Before WWII, knowing the genocidal intention of Nazi Germany toward Jews, “international anti-Semites” signed an agreement restricting Jewish immigration from Europe.
3. Nazis were facilitators of the Holocaust, but they would not have been successful if not for the participation of local Poles, French, Lithuanians, Ukrainians and others. In Denmark, Bulgaria and even fascist Italy, where the local population and governments did not co-operate with Nazi occupiers, many Jews survived.
4. On 29 Nov, 1947 the UN General Assembly adopted resolution 181, which divided the remaining 18% of the Jewish Land into six unmanageable triangles with Jerusalem to be controlled by a “special international regime,” inviting Arabs to attack and finish what Nazi Europe started.
5. When fully-armed forces of seven Arab/Muslim states attacked the newly created, disarmed Jewish state, the “international anti-Semites” imposed an arms embargo on the region to prevent Jews from defending their right to exist as a sovereign nation.
6. Since the creation of the UN, over 50% of its resolutions have been related to and mainly critical of Israel. The recent appointment of the Palestinian Authority (PA) as a non-member state to the UN has opened the door to additional anti-Israel bigotry by the “international anti-Semites” involving the International Criminal Court (ICC).
I have been publishing my editorial letter for over eleven years. Contrary to some opinions, I am not a right-winger or extremist. I base my conclusions on facts — be they religious and long-forgotten or recent historical ones. The Zionist dream of the Jewish people has nothing to do with the Right or Left of politics. Freedom of living on their ancestral land is an essential right of all peoples, as most nations do.
The facts remain unchanged. The unhealthy international preoccupation with Jews must be exposed and vigorously confronted.
Related: Anti-Semitism, Europe, Extremists, Hatred, Israel, Judaism, Political Correctness, Sectarian, Terrorist Groups, United Nations (UN), Useful Idiots