Anti-gun activists have undertaken a major effort to destroy the constitutional right to bear arms. The gun ban activists are active at both the state and national levels. They are particularly fixated on banning so-called “assault weapons” which are not “assault weapons” at all. The term “assault weapon” is being misused to defame U.S. citizens who own civilian-use rifles like the AR-15. The term is completely inaccurate. The AR-15 is NOT an “assault weapon” by definition of the United States Defense Department’s Defense Intelligence Agency book “Small Arms Identification and Operation Guide.” Whatever the motivations of the anti-gun activists, they must be stopped. This page is a resource dedicated to protecting our Second Amendment rights. Please check back often to get the latest news about the gun debate, and find out how to participate through direct action in the democratic process to protect the right to bear arms. Here you’ll find links to articles and activist resources:
- Send emails opposing New Mexico House Bill 77, potentially criminalizing private transfers and requiring “mental health” records
- Ruger has a site where you press a button and they will send a letter supporting 2nd Amendment rights to the President, Vice-President, your Senators, Representative, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, State-Level Elected Officials and State Attorney General. Please do it now. It’s easy. ACT NOW!
- Lawmakers table assault weapons ban measure [New Mexico HB 402] (netwmd.com helped citizens send 4914 emails to 18 House members)
- New Mexico House Republican Caucus Takes Stand Against Anti-Gun HB 402
- There’s no reason to ban ‘assault’ rifles
- Send emails opposing New Mexico House Bill 402, an attack on all guns rights
- Even the DOJ doesn’t believe in an “assault weapon” ban
- Guns control kooks target 2nd Amendment AND 4th Amendment
- Obama’s hypocrisy: Assault weapons OK for government employee ‘personal defense’ but not for civilians
- ACT HERE & NOW TO STOP ‘Sweeping Gun Control Measure In Santa Fe’ [New Mexico]
- Barack Obama, gun ban politicians, and media elitists are willing to say and do whatever it takes to destroy your gun rights
- NM family whose members were killed with an AR-15 refuse to endorse gun control
- Obama supports the U.S. Constitution only when it suits his political agenda
- Rand Paul stands firm against Obama’s ‘king complex’ on gun control
- Will Obama usurp the constitution on gun control?